"Every time I go to Studio 54 I’m afraid I wont get in—maybe there will be somebody new at the door who won’t recognize me." - Andy Warhol
Saturday April 26th, 1977 A legendary nightclub made its debut. It was a place fantasy mingled with reality!
I will be release a new mix titled ‘54’. Come get your free copy and dance the night away!
Disco Attire encouraged! Get ideas from the pictures below!
Be Sure to Like Rush Hour Radio on Facebook HERE!
The mix aired last night (Thursday) on Energy Radio!
Be sure to check out the track list below!
1. Diplo Ft. Imanos, Faustix & Kia - Revolution
2. Ponderosa Twins - Bound
3. Kanye West - Bound 2 (Fuseamania Transition to Solidisco RMX)
4. Drake - Hold On (Chris Hurst RMX)
5. Chic - Le Freak
6. Daft Punk - One More Time
7. Avicii - Wake Me Up (Fuseamania Frankenstein Edit)
8. One Republic - Counting Stars (Politik RMX)
9. Showtek Ft. We Are Loud - Booyah
10. Rhianna Ft. Eminem - The Monster (Saber & R-You RMX)
11. Duck Sauce - It’s You
12. Disclosure - F For You
13. Awolnation - Sail (Joe Maz RMX)
14. Kanye West - Black Skinhead (Jake Reno Bootleg)
15. Katy Perry Ft. Juicy J - Dark Horse
16. Etc! Etc! & Brillz & Diplo - Beuller Ft. Whiskey Pete
17. Miley Cyrus Ft. Juicy J - 23 (Danny Diggz Frankenstein)
18. Avicii - You Make Me (Diplo & Ookay RMX)
19. Jay - Z Ft. Rick Ross - #FuckwWithMeYouKnowIGotIt (Thugli RMX)
20. 2 Chainz Vs. Martin Garrix - Rich As Animals (J. Espinosa Bootleg)
21. Waka Flocka Flame Vs. TNGHT - Goooo Sreet Party (Spider Bootleg)
22. All The Ractchets Go Crazy (Acapella Loop)
23. DJ Snake & Lil John - Turn Down For What
24. Ying Yang Twins Vs. Diplo - Whistle While You Bounce (Fuseamania Twerkenstein Edit)
25. Yellow Claw - DJ Turn It Up
26. Deville - Money Cash Hoes
27. Caked Up - Keep It Hood
28. TWRK - BaDINGA!
29. Skee-Lo Vs. Meaux Green - I Wish
30. GTA- Booty Bounce (Jesse Slayter Bootleg)
31. Diplo & Tiesto C’mon (Dropwizz RMX)
32. C2C - Down The Road
33. Capitals Cities - Safe & Sound (Fuseamania Transition to Tommie Sunshine RMX)
34. Phatboy Slim - Eat Sleep Rave Repeat (Calvin Harris RMX)
35. The Chainsmokers - #Selfie
36. Empire Of The Sun - Alive (Zedd RMX)
37. David Guetta Ft. Skylar Grey - Shot Me Down
38. Lana Del Rey - Young & Beautiful (Drew Pierce Frankenstein)
39. Steve Aoki & Chris Lake & Tujamo - Boneless (Kevin Scott Frankenstein)
40. Eric Prydz - Call On Me
41. Rihanna - Right Now (Kevin Scott Frankenstein)
42. Zedd Ft. Hayley Williiams - Stay The Night
43. Disclosure - Latch (Benny C Frankenstein)
44. Diplo & GTA - Boy Oh Boy
44. Martin Garrix Vs. Miley Cyrus - Wizzard Ball (Simo Bootleg)
45. Junior Senior, DJ Snake Vs. Zoolanda - Swit Your Tromp Feet (MAKJ Bootleg)
46. Avicii Ft. Dan Tyminski Vs. Syn Cole - Hey Brother (Simo Frankenstein)
47. Ke$ha Ft. Pitbull - Timber (Fuseamania Frankenstein)
48. Vice Ft. Mike Taylor - World Is Our Playground
49. Bastille - Pompeii (Audien RMX)
50. Britney Spears - Work Bitch
51. The Clash Vs. TJR - Rock The Suckaz (MAKJ Bootleg)
52. Imagine Dragons - Demons (Dzeko & Torres Sunset RMX)
53. Zedd Ft. Foxes - Clarity (Kevin Scott Bootleg)
54. Jibbs - Chain Hang Low (Crizzly RMX)(Donk Transition)
55. DJ Fresh Vs. Diplo Ft. Dominique Young Unique - Earthquake
56. Dada Life - Boing Clash Boom (Major Lazer RMX)
57. Lil Wayne - A Milli (Cut Throats RMX)
58. Ludacris - Move Bitch (Fuseamania Frankenstein)
59. Jay- Z Ft. Pharrell - Drop It Like Its Bubblegum (Danny Diggz Bootleg)
60. Caked Up - Pop That Thang
61. Kanye West - Flashing Lights (TWRK RMX)
So it’s been awhile since I have done this so I figured it was time. Here is my playlist from this past Saturday night at Mt. Adams Pavilion.
1. Seek Bromance - Avicii (Avicii’s Vocal Edit)
2. Latch - Disclosure (Benny C Frankenstein)
So everyone has been posting the article by DJ Zimmie. And know doubt its a good read with great facts. I have many opinions myself, I’m not to sure what it all means. But here are my thoughts.
If you haven’t read it you can check it here - The End Of DJing
It’s funny because in my opinion a lot of the people I see posting it don’t even realize they are the problem. They are the same ones that are in the club that only want to hear ‘EDM’.
And the thing is with that while there is still a lot of good stuff out there, that isn’t even real house music anymore. Real house music to me is songs like ‘At Night’ by Shakedown or the ‘So Much Love’ remix by Milk & Sugar that is essentially just a sample of the original disco track ‘Love’s Such A Wonderful Thing’ by The Real Thing. However the ‘EDM’ is just one example. There are things like that with all genre’s of music right now.
Ask youself when was the last time you saw a band play and you didn’t know one song, but you had a great time. If you can’t think of an answer your probably a product of the problem; which is you don’t think for yourself, you only do what your told is cool, and or society declares as cool.
The problem is it’s a catch 22 with us working DJ’s we can try to educate our crowd and play the good stuff, but at the end of the day if we are not getting the job done the bar will just find some freejay to play the hottest songs off his laptop with the click of a button. People just wanna hear Drake say Versace a lot, and rap out of time.
We are at the peak of a technology revolution where information is easy accessible at the tips of our fingers. It’s been the greatest thing, and the worst thing to ever happen.
Example daft punk comes out with an album. People post they hate it. Why because through the entire album none of the songs ever have “The Drop”. And that was the intention. If you did your research you would learn that the goal of the album was to make dance music, as if the internet did not exist. With real instruments and real emotions, and feeling. Working with producers such as Nile Rodgers, and Paul Williams.
I’m not sure what is the exact point I am trying to get across, however I am just saying I don’t know if there is really any hope for music to become something we played rather than Frankenstein together on a computer with the all important “quantize” button.
At the end of the day were all trying to make money and do what it takes to be successful. Hopefully things can one day change for the better. I feel all of us as DJ’s are not helping the situation but there isn’t much we can really do. Just try to be the best possible DJ you can be and while playing the songs people wanna hear try to respect the craft as well.
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported on Friday night! It was a great time! Thanks again to Drew Pierce, Donk, and Simo for being a part of the mix this year. I have already got a lot of great feedback. If you haven’t got a chance, to hear it or couldn’t make it out Friday night. The download link is posted below.
Well today is the day. Tonight I’ll be playing along side of Simo for a special 2x4 set. Come get your copy of Thunder In Paradise 2013, the third volume in a series of mixes I have put out.
Simo is a fellow Cincinnatian, and DJ that produces under Panic City’s Blacklight Records out of San Francisco. You can find hundreds of his edits on directmusicservice.com He is a party rocker that can play any type of set. Below are some interview questions I did with him earlier this week.
If I had to pick one off the top of my head… Cosmic Dawn’s mashup of Danza Kuduro & Beauty and a Beat. Always works with the top-40 crowds.
Techncs M5Gs and a 57. The frills of a 900 are a little too much for me most of the time.
For More Info on Simo check out these links:
We hope to see everyone out tonight at The Mt. Adams Pavilion were giving away 200 copy’s of the mix tonight. At a later time I will eventually post the mix online available for download.
This week marks one week away from the release of Thunder In Paradise 2013. Here in my hometown of Cincinnati we are doing a party Friday June the 21st. At Mt. Adams Pavilion.
Although we are across the country from each other, Drew Pierce From Long Beach California, and DJ Donk From SLO California are teaming up with Simo and myself from Cincincinnati on this mix.
It’s going to be a great collaboration of old songs and new. If your not hip to Thunder In Paradise check out the mixes from the last two years on my sound cloud page.
If you didn’t catch last weeks post with DJ Donk it’s right under this post. This week I have some interview questions from Drew Pierce.
For more on Drew Pierce Check out the following Links!